The process of DU admissions to over 60,000 seats in Delhi University’s undergraduate courses has begun soon after being delayed by over a week.
Here’s all you need to know about the admission process which has gone completely online this year for the first time.
- University of Delhi is all set to begin the online application for its undergraduate courses for the session of 2016-17 on the 1st June . The application process will go on till June 19th.
- The entire admission process including the declaration of cut-off lists will end on August 16 2016.
- There will be five cut-off lists this year with the first one being declared on June 27.
- The online application is also applicable for students seeking admission under the following: Kashmiri migrants and CW, Sports/ECA, Students applying to minority colleges (St. Stephen’s, Jesus and Mary College etc.), Candidates from National Capital Territory applying for Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board for B.A./B.Com.
- Following this, DU has released a list of documents required, self attested copies of which shall be needed to be uploaded with the application.
Here’s the list of documents (self-attested) required for the application process:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
2. Class X Marks Sheet (In case it is not combined with certificate)
3. Class XII Marks Sheet
4. Class XII Provisional Certificate/ Original Certificate.
5. Character Certificate (Recent)
6. Transfer Certificate from school/college as well as Migration Certificate from Board/ University is required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
7. Recent photograph.
8. Scanned copy of Signature
9. SC/ST/PWD Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by a competent authority.
10. (a.) OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by competent authority.
(b.) Income Proof.
11. For Kashmiri Migrant Quota : Kashmiri Migrant Certificate issued by Divisional Commissioner/ Relief Commissioner.
12. For CW Quote: Educational Concession Certificate issued by a competent authority.
13. Sports/ECA Distinction Certificates for the last three years in descending order (1st April, 2013 to 31st March, 2016).
- The students only have to go to the respective college to verify their documents.
Campus Drift wishes you all good luck for the DU admissions!
We hope that this article helped you in some way or the other and if it did, spread the word among your pals!