A comprehensive guide on ECA Admissions 2018 in Delhi University4 min read

A comprehensive guide on ECA Admissions 2018 in Delhi University4 min read

0
SHARE
ECA Admissions guide in DU
Source: Zee News

For admission to Delhi University, one can never be sure even with 99% in 12th boards because every year DU will do nothing but surprise you with even higher cut-offs. There have been a lot of trolls and criticism around this but DU keeps on increasing them every year.

However, one can obviously be sure about their inner talents and use them as well! Those certificates hanging on your walls, which you thought were of no use, might just help you get admission in the best colleges of DU.

Yes, you read it right, your extracurricular activities might make it easy for you to get admission in your dream college under DU.

  • ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ECA:

There is 5% reservation of seats for candidates under ECA/ Sports quota in DU colleges.

People looking for admission through Extracurricular Activities (ECA) and Sports quotas also need to apply for UG admissions through the centralized admission portal of DU.

ECA admission in DU

The Colleges will notify the actual number of available seats under ECA Quota (Supernumerary) and the requirement in different categories on their Colleges Website and the University Website
well in advance. The dates for preliminary and final trials will be notified on University Website.

  • IMPORTANT GUIDELINES:

These guidelines carry all the relevant instructions and requirements for the ones interested in getting an admission under ECA quota.

  1.  Applicants seeking admission under ECA category will register online on DU Admission portal.
  2. The charges for registration will be Rs. 100/- (per event) in addition to charges for (UR/OBC/SC/ST/PWD) registration.
  3. The applicants are required to upload only one certificate issued after May 1, 2015, to April 30, 2018. In each activity, they wish to apply for as a proof of their involvement in the relevant activity. They should carry all the relevant certificates for evaluation in case they are selected for final trials.
  4. Trials will be held at two levels: Preliminary trials and Final trials
  5. The applicant shall be allowed to appear in the preliminary trials only once in an event. Any request for a second chance of trail will not be permitted.
  6. Not more than 15% concession/relaxation in academic merit for Unreserved category applicants (for the last relevant cut-off) may be given for admission to specific programmes
  7. The date/dates for the Preliminary / Final trials shall be notified and displayed on the university website, college website and the college Notice Board
  8.  The list of the short-listed applicants for final trials will be notified on the University Website, the College Website, and the College Notice Board conducting an ECA activity trial
  9. The Certificates will be evaluated only for students who qualify for the final trials. The applicants must carry all the relevant certificates in original (and a self-attested photocopy)
    for evaluation at the time of the final trial
  10. The applicant must secure at least 50% marks in the final trials (38 out of 75) to be eligible for the final list of selected candidates.
  11. The colleges will video-graph the preliminary and final trials and should preserve the recordings till the last date of admission
  12. In case of a tie in the final marks (out of 100), the candidate with higher marks in the trials (out of 75) will be placed higher in the merit list. In case of a tie there also, both the candidates will have the same rank.

 

Note: Your certificates will carry a 25% importance while the rest 75%  will be given to your performance in trials. Weightage will be given to candidates who have been winners or participants in a particular ECA activity at National, International, State, Zonal, and School level.

ECA Admissions guide in DU
Source: Zee News
  • ECA activities:

There are quite a few extra-curricular activities which are included in this quota and they are:

  1. Dance: Indian Classical, Indian Folk and Western.
  2. Choreography
  3. NCC and NSS
  4. Vocal: Indian Classical, Indian Light and Folk, Western Classical and Western Light.
  5. Instrumental: Indian Classical, Indian Light, Western Classical and Western Light.
  6. Theatre: Dramatics, Street Play
  7. Creative Writing: Creative Writing (Hindi) and Creative Writing (English).
  8. Debate: Debate (Hindi) and Debate (English). Quiz as well.
  9. Fine Arts: Sketching & Painting, Sculpting.
  10. Digital Media: Still Photography, Film Making and

We hope that many of you will be able to land in your favourite colleges with the help of ECA. For all your admission related queries, you can reach out to us through our portals and we will be happy to help, as always.

All the best, folks! 🙂

LEAVE A REPLY